New Crops/Apples, Potpies, Fresh baked Hammerbacher, Community
On the Table in Farm Shop...
Carrots, Cabbage (red/green), Broccoli, Beets, Sweet potatoes, Winter Squash (Butternut, Delicata, Buttercup, Sweet Dumpling), Lettuce, Radish, Kale, Swiss chard, Potatoes (red, white, blue), Peppers, Garlic, Leeks, Onion, Turnips and . All the makings of a good soup! Mix and Match options. Green beans too – see pick your own.
- Green beans – we have been picking this crop for Shop due to bad weather; either too hot or too wet. We don’t want our CSA customers missing out! Take a quart (in Shop), pick a quart (from the fields).
- Herbs – lots to freeze/dry, or keep as a kitchen bouquet for the week. Herbal therapy!
- Flowers? Depends on the weather. Might be the last of the zinnias.
Extras for Sale…
- Hammerbacher – EHC. Fresh baked breads. Pies and pastry too!
- Apples – Nichols Orchard, Franklinville. New varieties – Winesap and Fuji. Also Golden/Red Delicious.
- Potpies (chicken, veggie, beef) – Griggstown Farms. Puff pastry crust melts in your mouth! Keep frozen until ready to bake; 400 for 1 hr 20 min. Worth the wait!
- Chicken Sausages – Griggstown Farms. New for fall, Granny Smith Apple! Also Broccoli Rabe, Sundried Tomato, White wine/parsley, Spinach/Feta.
- Say Cheese! – Dodges Market, Elmer; cheddar is back! Also a few Fulper Farms in fridge (ricotta). Get fresh and local while they last!
- Eggs – Cycle Farms, Galloway Twp.
- Farm to Table Dinner: SAVE THE DATE – OCT 23RD. Details and tickets soon.
- Music: Fri, October 7. 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Stockton University Campus Center Theater. Featuring bluegrass band Circa Blue and local favorite Devin Lyn & Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
- Family Fun: Now through Nov 5; Sahls Father and Son Farm – hayrides, corn maze and more. Check out our hard working farmer friends just up the street!