CSA Member Agreement
WELCOME TO OUR FARM! We, the farm, work to provide our customers with fresh, local, seasonal food; our customers become “members” of the CSA and receive a portion of the farm’s harvest. This agreement outlines our shared commitments to that relationship.
- BECOMING A PART OF OUR CSA: WHERE: B&B FARMS, 250 S. MANNHEIM AVE,GALLOWAY TWP, NJ 08215. WHEN: MID JUNE-END OF OCT, 20 WEEKS. PICK UP WED 1-6, OR SAT 9-2. Note, 2017 we will add extra day/time if needed (extended days/hours for pick-your-own; we will let you know during the season). CROPS: SHARES FEED 1-4 PEOPLE (from a couple of veggie lovers to a small family) - click here for WHATS IN A SHARE.
- OUR GROWING PRACTICES: SUSTAINABLE; although we have dropped the National Organic Program’s certified organic label; we continue to grow using organic practices which have worked for us and employ new strategies (including INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT). Our farm is an open book and we are willing to discuss how we grow it and why we do it. We eat this food too! Read more - click here.
- WHAT'S IN SEASON? This chart outlines some of the produce we hope to deliver and when you may see them in your share. This chart is based on our best estimate, but of course weather, pests, and other events may affect actual production - click here for our PRODUCE LIST.
OUR SHARED COMMITMENTS
- SHARING THE REWARD OF CROP SURPLUS: When crops are especially abundant, we pack as much as possible into your share. However, we don’t want to overwhelm our members or deliver so much produce that it goes to waste. We handle the surplus by donating it to a local food pantry – we work with FARMERS AGAINST HUNGER. Surplus may be sold to another market (local restaurant, or farmers markets).
- SHARING THE RISK OF CROP FAILURE: WE WILL DO OUR VERY BEST TO PROVIDE A BOUNTIFUL SHARE EACH WEEK - quantity may vary from week/month/season due to extreme weather, insects or other production factors despite our best efforts. By joining our CSA, you are agreeing to share the risk of crop failure with us and other members. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF A CROP FAILURE, OUR PROCEDURE IS AS FOLLOWS: if a portion of crops fail, we compensate for the failed crops by filling your share with other crops grown on the farm that are ready for harvest at that time. We may cover for a crop loss by buying in from other local farmers; this may not be a feasible option for all crops because of cost or widespread failure.
PICKING UP SHARES You are responsible for picking up your share each week at B&B Farms. Please observe the following:
1) PICK UP: WED 1-6, OR SAT 9-2. Note, 2017 we will add extra day/time if needed (extended days/hours for pick-your-own; we will let you know during the season). No refunds for missed weeks; nor will my share be held for another day/time. Can't get to the farm? Send a friend! 2) BRING A BAG: members pack their own shares from around the display tables in Farm Shop (AND pick-your-own in the fields, when available); crops are labeled with what it is and how much you can take. 3) PARKING: USE CAUTION – children at play, customers walking to and from pick-your-own fields, etc. Follow signs for CSA Parking – just out front of our Farm Shop. 4) MEMBERS/ CHILDREN/ GUESTS: THIS IS A WORKING FARM - KEEP AN EYE ON THINGS AND ENJOY YOUR VISIT! Be aware of crops, equipment, irrigation pipe, uneven ground and so on. Parents please supervise your children! 5) FOOD SAFETY: WE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! For your added protection, wash all produce before eating and put frozen products in the freezer as soon as possible. 6) PETS: please leave beloved pets at home, or in the car with the windows down (when appropriate). Thanks!
MEMBER FEES By selling membership in advance of the growing season, CSA reduces the burden of up-front costs for the farmer. Your membership fees provide us with money to purchase seed and equipment before the season starts, and pay staff; we appreciate your commitment.
- PAYMENT – OPTIONS: In Full OR 3 installments. 1ST due at signup, 2ND due Feb 1, 3RD due May 1. TYPE: CREDIT, CHECK, CASH, MONEY ORDER.
- REFUND POLICY – ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- AGREEMENT - BY SUBMITTING A PAYMENT... my share is secured AND I agree to pay the balance on the dates specified in anticipation of the CSA share.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU!