Rustic Potato Soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- half of a Polish sausage, sliced
- 1/2-1 C chopped cauliflower
- 1/2-1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2-1 C Milk or half and half
- Salt and pepper
In a saucepan, sauté onion, celery and carrot in 1 Tbs butter until veg-etables are getting soft.
2. Add diced potatoes. And continue to sauté until lightly browned and get-ting tender.
3. Add sliced polish sausage and sau-té until lightly browned.
4. Add cauliflower. Cover contents of saucepan with just enough water to cover. Add chicken bouillon and cook until veggies are tender.
5. Once veggies are fork tender, pour in half and half or milk (enough to make soup look white and creamy)and heat through.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve.